My performing arts career began in 1981. Here's a summary:
In the distant past...
During 80s and 90s I performed on Melbourne's live music circuit averaging 200 gigs a year. From 30s & 40s jazz standards and my original songs, I moved into world-folk, a-cappella, and improvisational music styles. Completing a Bachelor of Education (music) in 1991, I went on to co-write, produce, direct and compose large scale music-theatre productions for children from 1992-2004.
After releasing my debut CD "From Another Room" (2007), I relocated to Switzerland to tour with Dodo Hug, developed my Helen Davey Trio, and worked as a resident musician for "Playback Theatre Bumerang". In deepening my cross arts work, I have taken further improvisation courses / trained with Ian David, Jonathan Fox, Karin Gisler, Andrew Gray, Hilde Knottenbelt, Eva Marlin, Brian White, Al Wunder, Fra Zella,.
- Released two CDs: "Carvings" (2011) and "Translations" (2013)
- Toured in Australia and Switzerland with Helen Davey Trio (2012)
- Launched Project "52 sound-paintings" (2013) with a multitude of artists (visual,text,film)
- Released two digital CDs: "March Equinox Album" (2014) and "June Solstice Album"(2014)
- Maintained my "Salon Series" (2010-2016) with text, visual, movement and theatre artists: Joanne Davis, Kristin Diemer, Ngaere Guyatt, Linnet Hunter, Terry Jaensch, Cate Kennedy, Rebecca Lister, Mark Payne, Petrus Spronk, Anne E Stewart...
- developing original repertoire/performing with Ruth Bieri in our duo, "Fleur de Sel"
- working with Playback-Theater Ensemble die Närrischen Alten
- Live, interactive Sound-Paintings and Story-Musicking with audiences and artists in my concerts and Salon Series